Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting EJ NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Cruelty charge man free
6:30pm Friday 21st December 2012 in News
A 32-YEAR-old man accused of assaults and cruelty has been granted bail on condition he lives outside Worcestershire.
Wayne How, aged 32, of Badsey, near Evesham, is charged with two counts of assault causing actual bodily harm and child cruelty. He denies the allegations and the case is likely to go to a threeweek trial before a jury next year.
There were objections to bail from the prosecution when the case came up at Worcester Crown Court last week and Judge John Cavell said How must stay in custody until a fresh bail application was made.
Alex Warren, prosecuting, told the court How had been granted bail following an application before magistrates last Friday but remained in custody for the case to appear again before Judge Cavell as there were still objections.
Judge Cavell decided that the conditions imposed on bail were sufficient to overcome any concerns.