Worcestershire's £1 million lottery winner has not been named

Evesham Journal: LUCKY: County woman has won £1 million on the Euromillions LUCKY: County woman has won £1 million on the Euromillions

A MYSTERY EuroMillions Millionaire Raffle winner, known only as Miss A from Worcestershire, has banked £1 million without ever touching a ticket.

The lucky lady was one of the 25 guaranteed millionaires created by the special EuroMillions Millionaire Raffle draw on New Year’s Day 2013.

Miss A was playing EuroMillions through National-Lottery.co.uk.

She has become one of the 4 million plus winners each week on The National Lottery’s range of games.

A National Lottery spokesperson said: “Well done to Miss A, he has banked this amazing prize with just a few simple clicks – she didn’t even have to pick up a ticket. If you play interactively, not only do we check your numbers, we also let you know you have won – it couldn’t be easier.”

National-Lottery.co.uk provides a simple and easy way to play, with no tickets to lose or need to check numbers.

With just a few clicks you can have your regular numbers or a Lucky Dip in the draw and you can even set up an online subscription ensuring your numbers are always in it to win it.

Interactive winners have the opportunity to release their name, remain anonymous or, like this winner, release some details through partial publicity.

At National-Lottery.co.uk, players can buy tickets for all of The National Lottery’s draw-based games, including Lotto, EuroMillions and Thunderball. Once they have registered and set up an account at National-Lottery.co.uk, they can also play a range of online Instant Win Games.

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:45am Fri 1 Feb 13

140354 says...

The minimum deposit to play online is now £10... It used to be a fiver but they recently DOUBLED that too, so now you have to gamble twice as much as you used to! At least if you buy in a shop you only have to commit to one ticket at a time!
The minimum deposit to play online is now £10... It used to be a fiver but they recently DOUBLED that too, so now you have to gamble twice as much as you used to! At least if you buy in a shop you only have to commit to one ticket at a time! 140354

12:13pm Fri 1 Feb 13

CJH says...

140354 wrote:
The minimum deposit to play online is now £10... It used to be a fiver but they recently DOUBLED that too, so now you have to gamble twice as much as you used to! At least if you buy in a shop you only have to commit to one ticket at a time!
Yes, the minimum deposit to put funds into the account is £10, BUT from those funds you can buy one ticket at a time. No-one has to gamble anything unless they want to. No-one forces them. Why do you HAVE to gamble twice as much as you used to? I don't understand your logic.
[quote][p][bold]140354[/bold] wrote: The minimum deposit to play online is now £10... It used to be a fiver but they recently DOUBLED that too, so now you have to gamble twice as much as you used to! At least if you buy in a shop you only have to commit to one ticket at a time![/p][/quote]Yes, the minimum deposit to put funds into the account is £10, BUT from those funds you can buy one ticket at a time. No-one has to gamble anything unless they want to. No-one forces them. Why do you HAVE to gamble twice as much as you used to? I don't understand your logic. CJH

3:43pm Fri 1 Feb 13

thecigarman says...

Good on whoever won it, best of luck to them.
Good on whoever won it, best of luck to them. thecigarman

7:38pm Fri 1 Feb 13

pronstar says...

CJH wrote:
140354 wrote:
The minimum deposit to play online is now £10... It used to be a fiver but they recently DOUBLED that too, so now you have to gamble twice as much as you used to! At least if you buy in a shop you only have to commit to one ticket at a time!
Yes, the minimum deposit to put funds into the account is £10, BUT from those funds you can buy one ticket at a time. No-one has to gamble anything unless they want to. No-one forces them. Why do you HAVE to gamble twice as much as you used to? I don't understand your logic.
I understand it perfectly well, as would anyone who knows the kind of tactics used in getting people to spend more money than they can afford.

On the matter of the £1m winner, a 'Miss' you say?
[quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]140354[/bold] wrote: The minimum deposit to play online is now £10... It used to be a fiver but they recently DOUBLED that too, so now you have to gamble twice as much as you used to! At least if you buy in a shop you only have to commit to one ticket at a time![/p][/quote]Yes, the minimum deposit to put funds into the account is £10, BUT from those funds you can buy one ticket at a time. No-one has to gamble anything unless they want to. No-one forces them. Why do you HAVE to gamble twice as much as you used to? I don't understand your logic.[/p][/quote]I understand it perfectly well, as would anyone who knows the kind of tactics used in getting people to spend more money than they can afford. On the matter of the £1m winner, a 'Miss' you say? pronstar

8:38pm Fri 1 Feb 13

CJH says...

Can't see any difference in doing it online and going to the newsagents with £10 in your purse. No-one forces you to spend more than £1 if you don't want to. I understand fully the temptations put in front of some people, but the statement I was questioning was "now you have to gamble twice as much as you used to". HAVE to? Why?
Can't see any difference in doing it online and going to the newsagents with £10 in your purse. No-one forces you to spend more than £1 if you don't want to. I understand fully the temptations put in front of some people, but the statement I was questioning was "now you have to gamble twice as much as you used to". HAVE to? Why? CJH

9:29pm Fri 1 Feb 13

140354 says...

CJH wrote:
140354 wrote:
The minimum deposit to play online is now £10... It used to be a fiver but they recently DOUBLED that too, so now you have to gamble twice as much as you used to! At least if you buy in a shop you only have to commit to one ticket at a time!
Yes, the minimum deposit to put funds into the account is £10, BUT from those funds you can buy one ticket at a time. No-one has to gamble anything unless they want to. No-one forces them. Why do you HAVE to gamble twice as much as you used to? I don't understand your logic.
Durr... because once you buy one ticket what can you do with the rest of the money except buy another ticket... then another etc... 5 tickets used to cost 5 pounds and now they will soon cost 10 pounds... Thats double.
[quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]140354[/bold] wrote: The minimum deposit to play online is now £10... It used to be a fiver but they recently DOUBLED that too, so now you have to gamble twice as much as you used to! At least if you buy in a shop you only have to commit to one ticket at a time![/p][/quote]Yes, the minimum deposit to put funds into the account is £10, BUT from those funds you can buy one ticket at a time. No-one has to gamble anything unless they want to. No-one forces them. Why do you HAVE to gamble twice as much as you used to? I don't understand your logic.[/p][/quote]Durr... because once you buy one ticket what can you do with the rest of the money except buy another ticket... then another etc... 5 tickets used to cost 5 pounds and now they will soon cost 10 pounds... Thats double. 140354

9:37pm Fri 1 Feb 13

CJH says...

140354 wrote:
CJH wrote:
140354 wrote: The minimum deposit to play online is now £10... It used to be a fiver but they recently DOUBLED that too, so now you have to gamble twice as much as you used to! At least if you buy in a shop you only have to commit to one ticket at a time!
Yes, the minimum deposit to put funds into the account is £10, BUT from those funds you can buy one ticket at a time. No-one has to gamble anything unless they want to. No-one forces them. Why do you HAVE to gamble twice as much as you used to? I don't understand your logic.
Durr... because once you buy one ticket what can you do with the rest of the money except buy another ticket... then another etc... 5 tickets used to cost 5 pounds and now they will soon cost 10 pounds... Thats double.
??? Not even going try to sort that statement out ???
[quote][p][bold]140354[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]140354[/bold] wrote: The minimum deposit to play online is now £10... It used to be a fiver but they recently DOUBLED that too, so now you have to gamble twice as much as you used to! At least if you buy in a shop you only have to commit to one ticket at a time![/p][/quote]Yes, the minimum deposit to put funds into the account is £10, BUT from those funds you can buy one ticket at a time. No-one has to gamble anything unless they want to. No-one forces them. Why do you HAVE to gamble twice as much as you used to? I don't understand your logic.[/p][/quote]Durr... because once you buy one ticket what can you do with the rest of the money except buy another ticket... then another etc... 5 tickets used to cost 5 pounds and now they will soon cost 10 pounds... Thats double.[/p][/quote]??? Not even going try to sort that statement out ??? CJH

11:11pm Fri 1 Feb 13

pronstar says...

CJH wrote:
140354 wrote:
CJH wrote:
140354 wrote: The minimum deposit to play online is now £10... It used to be a fiver but they recently DOUBLED that too, so now you have to gamble twice as much as you used to! At least if you buy in a shop you only have to commit to one ticket at a time!
Yes, the minimum deposit to put funds into the account is £10, BUT from those funds you can buy one ticket at a time. No-one has to gamble anything unless they want to. No-one forces them. Why do you HAVE to gamble twice as much as you used to? I don't understand your logic.
Durr... because once you buy one ticket what can you do with the rest of the money except buy another ticket... then another etc... 5 tickets used to cost 5 pounds and now they will soon cost 10 pounds... Thats double.
??? Not even going try to sort that statement out ???
He means that once you deposit your £10 the only thing you can do is buy lottery tickets that you may not even want.

It's not that difficult to comprehend.
[quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]140354[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]140354[/bold] wrote: The minimum deposit to play online is now £10... It used to be a fiver but they recently DOUBLED that too, so now you have to gamble twice as much as you used to! At least if you buy in a shop you only have to commit to one ticket at a time![/p][/quote]Yes, the minimum deposit to put funds into the account is £10, BUT from those funds you can buy one ticket at a time. No-one has to gamble anything unless they want to. No-one forces them. Why do you HAVE to gamble twice as much as you used to? I don't understand your logic.[/p][/quote]Durr... because once you buy one ticket what can you do with the rest of the money except buy another ticket... then another etc... 5 tickets used to cost 5 pounds and now they will soon cost 10 pounds... Thats double.[/p][/quote]??? Not even going try to sort that statement out ???[/p][/quote]He means that once you deposit your £10 the only thing you can do is buy lottery tickets that you may not even want. It's not that difficult to comprehend. pronstar

11:17pm Fri 1 Feb 13

CJH says...

Yes I understand that. So why do it in the first place? Again, no-one makes you have a lottery account!
Yes I understand that. So why do it in the first place? Again, no-one makes you have a lottery account! CJH

12:19am Sat 2 Feb 13

lizzyloolah says...

Can you not just transfer your balance back to your bank account in the same way as you transfer your winnings?
Can you not just transfer your balance back to your bank account in the same way as you transfer your winnings? lizzyloolah

12:34am Sat 2 Feb 13

CJH says...

Yes you can, which makes his statement that you have to spend it on more lottery tickets seem even more strange.
Yes you can, which makes his statement that you have to spend it on more lottery tickets seem even more strange. CJH

1:59pm Sat 2 Feb 13

pronstar says...

CJH wrote:
Yes I understand that. So why do it in the first place? Again, no-one makes you have a lottery account!
Maybe people who, through ill health, can't get out and about to buy a single ticket at a shop and so are forced to do it online and spend at least £10 for the privilege.

It's obvious you have quite a comfortable like but try taking those blinkers off once in a while..
[quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: Yes I understand that. So why do it in the first place? Again, no-one makes you have a lottery account![/p][/quote]Maybe people who, through ill health, can't get out and about to buy a single ticket at a shop and so are forced to do it online and spend at least £10 for the privilege. It's obvious you have quite a comfortable like but try taking those blinkers off once in a while.. pronstar

1:59pm Sat 2 Feb 13

pronstar says...

CJH wrote:
Yes you can, which makes his statement that you have to spend it on more lottery tickets seem even more strange.
Not under £10
[quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: Yes you can, which makes his statement that you have to spend it on more lottery tickets seem even more strange.[/p][/quote]Not under £10 pronstar

2:01pm Sat 2 Feb 13

CJH says...

pronstar wrote:
CJH wrote: Yes I understand that. So why do it in the first place? Again, no-one makes you have a lottery account!
Maybe people who, through ill health, can't get out and about to buy a single ticket at a shop and so are forced to do it online and spend at least £10 for the privilege. It's obvious you have quite a comfortable like but try taking those blinkers off once in a while..
How much do you think it would cost to do millions of £1 transactions online? Get real.
[quote][p][bold]pronstar[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: Yes I understand that. So why do it in the first place? Again, no-one makes you have a lottery account![/p][/quote]Maybe people who, through ill health, can't get out and about to buy a single ticket at a shop and so are forced to do it online and spend at least £10 for the privilege. It's obvious you have quite a comfortable like but try taking those blinkers off once in a while..[/p][/quote]How much do you think it would cost to do millions of £1 transactions online? Get real. CJH

2:51pm Sat 2 Feb 13

CJH says...

Furthermore, and finally, on this subject; you talk as if a lottery ticket is an essential in life. It's not bread or milk. It's gambling. We both know, Pornstar, that if it wasn't me making these comments you probably wouldn't have bothered to prolong this discussion. Let's at least be honest about that shall we? And let's leave it at that. Remember: dignity at all times...
Furthermore, and finally, on this subject; you talk as if a lottery ticket is an essential in life. It's not bread or milk. It's gambling. We both know, Pornstar, that if it wasn't me making these comments you probably wouldn't have bothered to prolong this discussion. Let's at least be honest about that shall we? And let's leave it at that. Remember: dignity at all times... CJH

6:06pm Sat 2 Feb 13

140354 says...

CJH... You seem to be the only one who doesn't understand... what does that tell you?
CJH... You seem to be the only one who doesn't understand... what does that tell you? 140354

8:33pm Sat 2 Feb 13

pronstar says...

CJH wrote:
Furthermore, and finally, on this subject; you talk as if a lottery ticket is an essential in life. It's not bread or milk. It's gambling. We both know, Pornstar, that if it wasn't me making these comments you probably wouldn't have bothered to prolong this discussion. Let's at least be honest about that shall we? And let's leave it at that. Remember: dignity at all times...
It's pronstar, not pornstar. You have a filthy mind CJH.
[quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: Furthermore, and finally, on this subject; you talk as if a lottery ticket is an essential in life. It's not bread or milk. It's gambling. We both know, Pornstar, that if it wasn't me making these comments you probably wouldn't have bothered to prolong this discussion. Let's at least be honest about that shall we? And let's leave it at that. Remember: dignity at all times...[/p][/quote]It's pronstar, not pornstar. You have a filthy mind CJH. pronstar

8:37pm Sat 2 Feb 13

CJH says...

140354 wrote:
CJH... You seem to be the only one who doesn't understand... what does that tell you?
The only one out of you me and Pornstar? Hardly overwhelming is it? One out of three though: better odds than the lottery...
[quote][p][bold]140354[/bold] wrote: CJH... You seem to be the only one who doesn't understand... what does that tell you?[/p][/quote]The only one out of you me and Pornstar? Hardly overwhelming is it? One out of three though: better odds than the lottery... CJH

9:24pm Sat 2 Feb 13

pronstar says...

Perhaps you should have asked your UKIP recruitment buddies to wade in and help you out.

And I will say this one last time; it's PRONSTAR not PORNSTAR.
Perhaps you should have asked your UKIP recruitment buddies to wade in and help you out. And I will say this one last time; it's PRONSTAR not PORNSTAR. pronstar

12:30am Sun 3 Feb 13

CJH says...

UKIP? What the heck are you on about? I despise them and everything they stand for. There is no way you have ever, ever seen me write anything in support of those people and what they represent. In fact I have spoken against them on many occasions. You have resorted to the basest of insults because you don't agree with my views. I don't agree with yours either, but I would never stoop so low as to accuse someone of belonging to UKIP! What on earth were you thinking? Now, as I said earlier, for goodness sake let's just leave it shall we, and try and retain some dignity. I'm not a facist, you're not a **** star. However, you may want to check the definition of pronstar. You probably didn't realise it was a proper word. Neither did I. Sorry.
UKIP? What the heck are you on about? I despise them and everything they stand for. There is no way you have ever, ever seen me write anything in support of those people and what they represent. In fact I have spoken against them on many occasions. You have resorted to the basest of insults because you don't agree with my views. I don't agree with yours either, but I would never stoop so low as to accuse someone of belonging to UKIP! What on earth were you thinking? Now, as I said earlier, for goodness sake let's just leave it shall we, and try and retain some dignity. I'm not a facist, you're not a **** star. However, you may want to check the definition of pronstar. You probably didn't realise it was a proper word. Neither did I. Sorry. CJH

1:38pm Sun 3 Feb 13

pronstar says...

Could have sworn you were one of the UKIP brigade, but if I got that wrong I apologise.
Could have sworn you were one of the UKIP brigade, but if I got that wrong I apologise. pronstar

2:09pm Sun 3 Feb 13

CJH says...

Apology accepted. Now isn't that better all round?
Apology accepted. Now isn't that better all round? CJH

4:02pm Sun 3 Feb 13

jovialcommonsense says...

It seems simple to me.
First of all you do not have to take part. If you do you can choose to buy a ticket online and have to deposit a minimum of £10, then spend £1 buying a ticket and then refund £9 back into your bank . Just the same as using a £10 note for a £1 ticket over the counter and getting your £9 change.
It seems simple to me. First of all you do not have to take part. If you do you can choose to buy a ticket online and have to deposit a minimum of £10, then spend £1 buying a ticket and then refund £9 back into your bank . Just the same as using a £10 note for a £1 ticket over the counter and getting your £9 change. jovialcommonsense

8:07pm Sun 3 Feb 13

Bravo, San Juan says...

I think your spokesman quoted in paragraph 5 meant "she"...

Sorry to be petty...
I think your spokesman quoted in paragraph 5 meant "she"... Sorry to be petty... Bravo, San Juan

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree