Chimney fire at Eckington house - Pershore and Upton crews respond

Chimney fire at Eckington house

Chimney fire at Eckington house

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house at Eckington, near Pershore, to deal with a fire in a wood-burning stove.

The callout to the property in Jarvis Street came at about 1.20pm yesterday, and fire crews from Pershore and Upton rushed to the scene.

They found that the fire in the stove's chimney had set light to a wooden beam which forms part of the fireplace.

The firefighters isolated the house electrics and put the fire out, afterwards using heat-seeking gear to scan for hot spots and checking the building remained structurally sound. The incident was over by 3.30pm.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree