10:23am Monday 23rd September 2013
By Freya Leng
TWENTY-one firefighters were called to a fire in a launderette in Mickleton over the weekend.
Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service were called at 4.24pm on Saturday by a member of the public who could see flames inside the building of Mickleton Laundry Services, in Stratford Road.
A crew from Chipping Campden and one from Stow attended but due to the location of the incident two further appliances were called from Stratford and Shipston.
A spokesman for Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service said: “On arrival crews found a fire in an industrial washing machine with flames coming from the front of building.
“Due to the quick action of the crews a major fire was prevented. Two hosereels and two breathing apparatus were used to extinguish the fire.”
Crews spent nearly an hour tackling the blaze.
© Copyright 2001-2013 Newsquest Media Group