Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting EJ NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Two treated after firework goes out of control at Broadway display
10:13am Saturday 2nd November 2013 in News
TWO adults were treated for minor injuries after a firework exploded in the crowd during an organised display in Broadway last night.
The incident happened at the Broadway United FC firework display at the club’s ground in Childswickham Road after the display started at 7pm.
An ambulance, paramedic and community first responder attended the scene.
A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: “Crews responded to a firework incident at an event in Childswickham Road.
“Two adults presented with minor leg and chest injuries and two children were assessed at the scene. It is understood at least five other people received minor injuries but left the scene before the emergency services arrived.
“All the patients were treated at the scene and later released.”
The club is expected to release a statement later today.