A LARGE generator was damaged after a fire in a metal recycling yard near Evesham.
Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service was called just before 1.10pm today (Thursday) to R&C Metals, in the Honeybourne airfield trading estate, Honeybourne.
Crews from Evesham, Broadway and Chipping Campden attended, although one crew was turned back, and found a small fire in a large Cummins generator which was moderately damaged.
They used hose reels and breathing apparatus to extinguish the blaze which had spread to the air filters.
Firefighters left after about an hour after removing the filters and damping down.