Crowd riots in Evesham after car hits pedestrians

Evesham Journal: Crowd riots in Evesham after car hits pedestrians Crowd riots in Evesham after car hits pedestrians

UP to 50 people were involved in a riot in Evesham that broke out after a car was driven at a crowd.

Police are appealing for witnesses to what they are calling a “large-scale public disorder” when numerous fights broke out in the town.

The incidents appear to have been triggered when a dark Vauxhall Astra was driven at speed towards a group of people outside the Ambassador Snooker Club, Avon Street, at 3am on Saturday, April 26. The car hit some of the pedestrians, who were injured, though not seriously, as a result.

Fights then broke out in Avon Road, Littleworth Street, Briar Close and High Street, where a vehicle was also damaged.

PC Laura Douglas said: “We want to speak to anyone who saw this disorder going on in Evesham - particularly the black Astra being driven into the crowd of people outside the snooker club, any assaults and the vehicle being damaged in the High Street at about 3.20am.

“We are also appealing to anyone who knows of the people involved that night, even if they didn’t see it, to contact us immediately and help us with our investigations.

“While it is very unusual to come across an incident of this scale in Evesham, we want to get to the bottom of what happened and make sure any offenders are tracked down.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Douglas on the non-emergency number 101 quoting incident number 086s 260414. Information can also be passed on anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

Where the trouble broke out

 

Comments (17)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:20pm Tue 6 May 14

Smyffie says...

Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population from Eastern Europe in the town?.....Just saying?
Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population from Eastern Europe in the town?.....Just saying? Smyffie
  • Score: 0

12:52pm Tue 6 May 14

DanMacc says...

Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying?
Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying? DanMacc
  • Score: -6

1:06pm Tue 6 May 14

CJH says...

Smyffie wrote:
Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population from Eastern Europe in the town?.....Just saying?
You are a complete ****** ! Just saying...
[quote][p][bold]Smyffie[/bold] wrote: Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population from Eastern Europe in the town?.....Just saying?[/p][/quote]You are a complete ****** ! Just saying... CJH
  • Score: -3

1:10pm Tue 6 May 14

Smyffie says...

DanMacc wrote:
Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying?
Good point. I imagine it may be a bit of both to be honest. Though I am totally unaware whether this news item is in fact related to a change of population of either racists OR Europeans, I fail to see how 'a better life for themselves and their families' is served by rioting in the streets of what was traditionally a beautiful market town.
[quote][p][bold]DanMacc[/bold] wrote: Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying?[/p][/quote]Good point. I imagine it may be a bit of both to be honest. Though I am totally unaware whether this news item is in fact related to a change of population of either racists OR Europeans, I fail to see how 'a better life for themselves and their families' is served by rioting in the streets of what was traditionally a beautiful market town. Smyffie
  • Score: 12

1:26pm Tue 6 May 14

CJH says...

Smyffie wrote:
DanMacc wrote:
Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying?
Good point. I imagine it may be a bit of both to be honest. Though I am totally unaware whether this news item is in fact related to a change of population of either racists OR Europeans, I fail to see how 'a better life for themselves and their families' is served by rioting in the streets of what was traditionally a beautiful market town.
So you made a ridiculous statement based on...no knowledge at all?!? Why did you do that? There's enough trouble in this world without idiots like you adding to it. And you contradict yourself entirely - you say you are 'totally unaware" who these people are, then you tell us that they are "rioting in the streets".
[quote][p][bold]Smyffie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DanMacc[/bold] wrote: Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying?[/p][/quote]Good point. I imagine it may be a bit of both to be honest. Though I am totally unaware whether this news item is in fact related to a change of population of either racists OR Europeans, I fail to see how 'a better life for themselves and their families' is served by rioting in the streets of what was traditionally a beautiful market town.[/p][/quote]So you made a ridiculous statement based on...no knowledge at all?!? Why did you do that? There's enough trouble in this world without idiots like you adding to it. And you contradict yourself entirely - you say you are 'totally unaware" who these people are, then you tell us that they are "rioting in the streets". CJH
  • Score: -11

1:30pm Tue 6 May 14

CJH says...

DanMacc wrote:
Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying?
Think you may have been a bit subtle there DanMacc. Fairly sure Smyffie won't recognise himself in that description ;-)
[quote][p][bold]DanMacc[/bold] wrote: Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying?[/p][/quote]Think you may have been a bit subtle there DanMacc. Fairly sure Smyffie won't recognise himself in that description ;-) CJH
  • Score: -6

1:42pm Tue 6 May 14

Smyffie says...

CJH wrote:
Smyffie wrote:
DanMacc wrote:
Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying?
Good point. I imagine it may be a bit of both to be honest. Though I am totally unaware whether this news item is in fact related to a change of population of either racists OR Europeans, I fail to see how 'a better life for themselves and their families' is served by rioting in the streets of what was traditionally a beautiful market town.
So you made a ridiculous statement based on...no knowledge at all?!? Why did you do that? There's enough trouble in this world without idiots like you adding to it. And you contradict yourself entirely - you say you are 'totally unaware" who these people are, then you tell us that they are "rioting in the streets".
My initial post was a question, NOT a statement! It certainly was not posted to promote any other unpleasant or racist behaviour in the town I love.
I have not made any statement as to who has been rioting in the streets, but according to the news article rioting has occurred, and no one benefits from this as I am sure you would agree.
[quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Smyffie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DanMacc[/bold] wrote: Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying?[/p][/quote]Good point. I imagine it may be a bit of both to be honest. Though I am totally unaware whether this news item is in fact related to a change of population of either racists OR Europeans, I fail to see how 'a better life for themselves and their families' is served by rioting in the streets of what was traditionally a beautiful market town.[/p][/quote]So you made a ridiculous statement based on...no knowledge at all?!? Why did you do that? There's enough trouble in this world without idiots like you adding to it. And you contradict yourself entirely - you say you are 'totally unaware" who these people are, then you tell us that they are "rioting in the streets".[/p][/quote]My initial post was a question, NOT a statement! It certainly was not posted to promote any other unpleasant or racist behaviour in the town I love. I have not made any statement as to who has been rioting in the streets, but according to the news article rioting has occurred, and no one benefits from this as I am sure you would agree. Smyffie
  • Score: 5

1:44pm Tue 6 May 14

CJH says...

Smyffie wrote:
CJH wrote:
Smyffie wrote:
DanMacc wrote:
Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying?
Good point. I imagine it may be a bit of both to be honest. Though I am totally unaware whether this news item is in fact related to a change of population of either racists OR Europeans, I fail to see how 'a better life for themselves and their families' is served by rioting in the streets of what was traditionally a beautiful market town.
So you made a ridiculous statement based on...no knowledge at all?!? Why did you do that? There's enough trouble in this world without idiots like you adding to it. And you contradict yourself entirely - you say you are 'totally unaware" who these people are, then you tell us that they are "rioting in the streets".
My initial post was a question, NOT a statement! It certainly was not posted to promote any other unpleasant or racist behaviour in the town I love.
I have not made any statement as to who has been rioting in the streets, but according to the news article rioting has occurred, and no one benefits from this as I am sure you would agree.
You're in a hole. Stop digging.
[quote][p][bold]Smyffie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Smyffie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DanMacc[/bold] wrote: Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying?[/p][/quote]Good point. I imagine it may be a bit of both to be honest. Though I am totally unaware whether this news item is in fact related to a change of population of either racists OR Europeans, I fail to see how 'a better life for themselves and their families' is served by rioting in the streets of what was traditionally a beautiful market town.[/p][/quote]So you made a ridiculous statement based on...no knowledge at all?!? Why did you do that? There's enough trouble in this world without idiots like you adding to it. And you contradict yourself entirely - you say you are 'totally unaware" who these people are, then you tell us that they are "rioting in the streets".[/p][/quote]My initial post was a question, NOT a statement! It certainly was not posted to promote any other unpleasant or racist behaviour in the town I love. I have not made any statement as to who has been rioting in the streets, but according to the news article rioting has occurred, and no one benefits from this as I am sure you would agree.[/p][/quote]You're in a hole. Stop digging. CJH
  • Score: -7

1:51pm Tue 6 May 14

Smyffie says...

CJH wrote:
DanMacc wrote:
Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying?
Think you may have been a bit subtle there DanMacc. Fairly sure Smyffie won't recognise himself in that description ;-)
Haha, I did assume I was subtly being labelled a racist White Brit, but in truth I certainly am not racist (not even a UKIP fan). For what it's worth, neither am I homophobic, ageist or vegetarian, although I will admit to being a ****** though it has not made me blind just yet!
[quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DanMacc[/bold] wrote: Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying?[/p][/quote]Think you may have been a bit subtle there DanMacc. Fairly sure Smyffie won't recognise himself in that description ;-)[/p][/quote]Haha, I did assume I was subtly being labelled a racist White Brit, but in truth I certainly am not racist (not even a UKIP fan). For what it's worth, neither am I homophobic, ageist or vegetarian, although I will admit to being a ****** though it has not made me blind just yet! Smyffie
  • Score: 7

3:45pm Tue 6 May 14

DanMacc says...

Smyffie wrote:
CJH wrote:
DanMacc wrote:
Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying?
Think you may have been a bit subtle there DanMacc. Fairly sure Smyffie won't recognise himself in that description ;-)
Haha, I did assume I was subtly being labelled a racist White Brit, but in truth I certainly am not racist (not even a UKIP fan). For what it's worth, neither am I homophobic, ageist or vegetarian, although I will admit to being a ****** though it has not made me blind just yet!
Lets all just agree, whoever WAS involved in this incident were the true cu*ts of Evesham that night.
[quote][p][bold]Smyffie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DanMacc[/bold] wrote: Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying?[/p][/quote]Think you may have been a bit subtle there DanMacc. Fairly sure Smyffie won't recognise himself in that description ;-)[/p][/quote]Haha, I did assume I was subtly being labelled a racist White Brit, but in truth I certainly am not racist (not even a UKIP fan). For what it's worth, neither am I homophobic, ageist or vegetarian, although I will admit to being a ****** though it has not made me blind just yet![/p][/quote]Lets all just agree, whoever WAS involved in this incident were the true cu*ts of Evesham that night. DanMacc
  • Score: 8

5:22pm Tue 6 May 14

Smyffie says...

DanMacc wrote:
Smyffie wrote:
CJH wrote:
DanMacc wrote:
Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying?
Think you may have been a bit subtle there DanMacc. Fairly sure Smyffie won't recognise himself in that description ;-)
Haha, I did assume I was subtly being labelled a racist White Brit, but in truth I certainly am not racist (not even a UKIP fan). For what it's worth, neither am I homophobic, ageist or vegetarian, although I will admit to being a ****** though it has not made me blind just yet!
Lets all just agree, whoever WAS involved in this incident were the true cu*ts of Evesham that night.
Couldn't agree more!!
[quote][p][bold]DanMacc[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Smyffie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CJH[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]DanMacc[/bold] wrote: Could this be anything to do with rising tensions caused by the increasing population of racist white Brits, fearful of anyone coming here from a foreign country, looking for a better life for themselves and their families in the town?.....Just saying?[/p][/quote]Think you may have been a bit subtle there DanMacc. Fairly sure Smyffie won't recognise himself in that description ;-)[/p][/quote]Haha, I did assume I was subtly being labelled a racist White Brit, but in truth I certainly am not racist (not even a UKIP fan). For what it's worth, neither am I homophobic, ageist or vegetarian, although I will admit to being a ****** though it has not made me blind just yet![/p][/quote]Lets all just agree, whoever WAS involved in this incident were the true cu*ts of Evesham that night.[/p][/quote]Couldn't agree more!! Smyffie
  • Score: 5

6:13pm Tue 6 May 14

pudniw_gib says...

I blame UKIP...
I blame UKIP... pudniw_gib
  • Score: 3

10:52pm Tue 6 May 14

Jay1981 says...

The words Evesham and nice market town don't go together. Its a dump
The words Evesham and nice market town don't go together. Its a dump Jay1981
  • Score: -4

9:31am Wed 7 May 14

High Time says...

pudniw_gib wrote:
I blame UKIP...
I blame the Labour party.
[quote][p][bold]pudniw_gib[/bold] wrote: I blame UKIP...[/p][/quote]I blame the Labour party. High Time
  • Score: -4

12:21pm Fri 9 May 14

OnAHype says...

Nothing to do with Easten Europeans, it was Jack troth and his friend who instigated it! Shouldn't go getting into fights with women because their partners don't take it kindly.
Nothing to do with Easten Europeans, it was Jack troth and his friend who instigated it! Shouldn't go getting into fights with women because their partners don't take it kindly. OnAHype
  • Score: 6

8:15pm Tue 13 May 14

Old Uncle says...

It's 3 am on Saturday Morning. Nuff said.
It's 3 am on Saturday Morning. Nuff said. Old Uncle
  • Score: 0

5:41pm Sun 25 May 14

Paul from NCCR says...

I will include this and appeal for witnessess during my Laid-Back Music Show from 8pm Monday evening on North Cotswold Community Radio.
www.northcotswoldonl
ine.com
Paullewington@live.c
o.uk
I will include this and appeal for witnessess during my Laid-Back Music Show from 8pm Monday evening on North Cotswold Community Radio. www.northcotswoldonl ine.com Paullewington@live.c o.uk Paul from NCCR
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree