5:02pm Wednesday 14th May 2014
AMBITIOUS plans to reshape hospital services in Worcestershire are continuing to move ahead.
In January a long-awaited independent report into the future of acute hospital services in the county was presented, recommending most seriously ill patients should be taken to Worcester.
The scheme is currently being reviewed by a collaboration of health organisations from throughout the county, with a public consultation due to be launched later this year.
Speaking at a meeting of Worcestershire’s Health and Wellbeing Board on Tuesday, May 13, Simon Hairsnape from Redditch and Bromsgrove and Wyre Forest Clinical Commissioning Groups said a good deal of work remained to be done before the plans were complete.
“Things are going basically to plan – not entirely smoothly but with the expectation that we are on schedule,” he said.
Although it had originally been predicted the financial elements of the plans would be detailed last month, Mr Hairsnape said this was now more likely to happen by the end of June.
Although some had been concerned the A&E department at the Alexandra Hospital could be closed to cut costs, this idea was thrown out over concerns people living in the north of the county would be left with a lower standard of service to those in the south.
For more information on the plans visit www.worcfuturehospitals.co.uk.
© Copyright 2001-2015 Newsquest Media Group