Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting EJ NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Evesham Volunteer Centre
9:20am Saturday 26th May 2012 in D-F
Do you live in Harvington?
Could you join our team of volunteer drivers?
Providing transport using your vehicle, with a mileage allowance paid, to take local elderly and vulnerable people to medical appointments, social activities and other occasions would help to alleviate the social isolation many elderly and disabled adults feel and so enhance their lives. Due to our insurance coverage drivers need to be under the age of 80 years.
• The Vale of Evesham National Morris Weekend proudly present The National Folklore Troupe of England on Saturday, June 16, at 6pm at Evesham Rowing Club (in the marquee – so dress warm) at 7.30pm.
Tickets cost £7.50 (to include hog roast) all in aid of The Mayor’s Charity Appeal.
Tickets available from Evesham Volunteer Centre, rear of Dresden House, Brick Kiln Street, Evesham.
• Vale Wildlife Hospital charity shop in Evesham in desperate for more volunteers. They don’t have a paid manager like most charity shops and need three to five people on each shift so that’s six to 10 volunteers needed every day. Could you spare three-and-a-half hours a week to help them out?
Please contact Sally Earley for more information.
• Do you have time to spare on a regular basis and live in the Evesham area? Did you know that the Promoting Older People’s Independence (POPI) Project based at Evesham Volunteer Centre provides help and support to older socially isolated people living near you? Would you like to find out more about becoming a Good Neighbour visitor or Down the Line telephone contact? For more information about ways you can help support the POPI project please contact the POPI co-ordinator Sue Marshall on 01386 40165 or email popi@evesham volunteer.org.uk • Have you any unwanted gifts, especially bric a brac and jewellery suitable to be used as tombola/raffle prizes for the various fund-raising events held by Evesham Volunteer Centre? Please bring any suitable items into their office at “The Lodge”, rear of Dresden House, Brick Kiln Street, Evesham, or ring them on 01386 40165 as they may be able to collect.
• Evesham Library is looking for child-friendly volunteers to support staff with children’s activities.
This volunteering role would suit someone interested in working with parents and their very young children.
Volunteers are needed for “Melody Monkey” – songs and stories for parents and children aged 18 to 36 months on Mondays, 11am to 11.30am.
• Why not make 2012 the year you decide to take up voluntary work? For more details about the above and all sort of other voluntary work opportunities contact Sally Earley, our volunteer co-ordinator, at Evesham Volunteer Centre on 01386 40165, e-mail volunteering@ eveshamvolunteers.org.uk or call into our office at “The Lodge”, rear of Dresden House, Brick Kiln Street, Evesham WR11 4AA, telephone 01386 45035 for the transport office, or for general enquiries please ring 01386 40165, open weekdays from 9.30 to 1pm.