Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting EJ NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
8:00am Monday 9th July 2012 in G-I
• Pupils from Harvington First School recently attended a concert at the Symphony Hall in Birmingham. This visit was able to take place thanks to part-funding from the PTFA.
The children enjoyed the experience and their favourite moment was the bassoon playing the theme from The Simpsons.
• Harvington Handbell Ringers will be playing at Ellenden Farm Shop open day on Sunday, July 15, but they are already thinking about Christmas. They only have a few dates left to fill in their calendar over the festive season. Once again they will be collecting for the Air Ambulances of Worcestershire and Warwickshire. The team are on the lookout for new members to come and join them for rehearsals on Monday evenings at 7.30pm in Harvington First School Hall. You do not have to be able to read music to ring handbells and all ages from nine to 90 are welcome. The rehearsal is followed by a hot drink and a chat. For further information check out harvingtonhandbells.org.uk, or contact the team by email harvingtonhandbells@yahoo .co.uk or call Keith on 07794 559674.
• Coming up: The Harvington Youth Project comes of age this year as it celebrates its 18th birthday.
There will be birthday celebrations on the Post Office Green (on the edge of Ragley Road) on Saturday, July 7, between 3pm and 3.30pm, with a barbecue and games. On Sunday, July 8, at 10am there will be a special thanksgiving service at St James’ Church. All those who have had a link with the youth group, whether past or present are welcome.
• The Tuesday coffee mornings continue each week at Harvington Baptist Church between 10am and midday. There is always a friendly welcome and plenty of biscuits and chats.
• This month CAMEO Teas are being hosted by Year 5 at Harvington First School Hall on Wednesday, July 11, starting at 1.30pm.
• The next parish council meeting takes place in the village hall on Wednesday, July 11, starting at 7.30pm.
Contact Nicky on 793050.
• The Harvington Lunch Club for 50+ will meet on Thursday, July 12, at the Coach and Horses between midday and 3pm for a chat and lunch, followed by a quiz. To book a place, order a vegetarian option or arrange transport, call Steve on 870249.
• The Art Group will meet on Friday, July 13, in the village hall between 2pm and 4pm.
New members are always welcome. Contact Rita on 871123 or Ken on 871236.
• On Friday, July 13, the Pebworth Morris Dancers and the Belle d’Vain ladies’ clog dancers will perform in the courtyard of the Coach and Horses starting at 7.30pm.
• The 1st XI team from Harvington Cricket Club will be playing at home on Saturday, July 14. Spectators are always welcome at the home matches at the Club in Anchor Lane. Contact Stuart on 07920 421487.
• Advance notice: There will be a Summer Holiday Club on Tuesday, July 24, to Thursday, July 26, from 10am to 2.30pm each day in Harvington Village Hall. The theme is ‘Giving Your Best’ and there will be plenty of opportunities to do that in physical creative and team activities. The programme will include arts and crafts, field athletics, games and a chance for all ages to develop cricket skills. The cost is £7.50 per child per day or £20 for all three days and is open to all children between 5 and 12 years old. To reserve a place contact Rev Richard Thorniley on 870527 or e-mail email@example.com.