EVESHAM Colts recorded a 36-10 victory at Kidderminster Carolians in the North Midlands Colts League.
The visitors were made to work extremely hard by Kidderminster’s big and well organised pack, but they soaked up the pressure before cutting loose in the final 10 minutes.
Kidderminster started impressively, scoring an unconverted try from their second attack of the game, following a try-saving tackle from Jack Witts during their first.
Evesham levelled the score when Jake Shotton and Wilf Watson set-up a position from which Witts dived underneath the defence to touch down.
After Mike Harris added the conversion, Kidderminster dominated the rest of the half but Evesham kept them out with back-row forwards Alex Stoddart, Iain Stoddart and Adrian Cook putting in tackle after tackle.
Evesham went into the break 7-5 in front but the hosts continued to dominate and were soon 10-7 ahead.
The visitors, though, began to consistently win turn-over ball, allowing them to counter- attack with pace and purpose.
Watson was the first to profit, put clear for a try after Josh Perry gathered loose ball in midfield, and although Harris missed the conversion, Evesham never looked back.
The visitors ran in four more unanswered tries through Ash Icke, Watson, Martin Di Franco and Jordan Griffiths.
Harris converted two of the last four tries to complete the scoring.
- Evesham under 14s won 33-17 against Old Halesonians with tries from Ollie Gould (two), Jack Dempsey, man-of-the-match Will Bugg and Zeke Evans The team produced a thrilling comeback after trailing 17-5 at half-time despite a fine team try finished by Dempsey.
- The under 13s defeated Old Halesonians 29-25 in a 13- a-side match after Evesham struggled to get 15 players.
- Evesham under nines Tigers recorded 6-4 and 8-3 wins over Worcester.
However, the Evesham Lions outfit lost 6-2 and drew 4-4.
- The under eights played two games against Old Halesonians.
Evesham won one match 9- 7 and losing the other by the same score.
Harry Wycherley (five), Luke Tegg (three), Cameron Brydon (two) and Ethan Corbett (two) were among the try scorers.
- Evesham under sevens were split into two teams to face Old Halesonians.
The first group won one of the matches 6-5 and then drew the other 14-14, while the second team lost 18-17 and 8-6.