A family has been forced to leave their long-term home after it was ripped apart by a blaze in Evesham on Sunday evening. 

The fire was started by a faulty tumble dryer and quickly engulfed the house on Albert Road, causing devastating damage. 

Both Ann and Martin Sheward, the owners of the property, confirmed on social media that they were both unharmed, and have since been staying with family. 

Messages of support have been flooding in for the couple, with local builders and tradesmen offering their help, while others have offered replacement furniture and clothes.

An emotional plea from a lifelong friend of Mr Sheward on social media read: "Ann lost both her parents in the Springs bus crash when she was a child, she used the money to buy this house.

"Their daughter died at a young age, what more pain can someone take? Please help them as I have known her husband all my life and they'd do anything to help anyone."

The couple lost all their possessions in the blaze, including irreplaceable photographs and family heirlooms. 

A fundraiser has since been set up by friends of Mr and Mrs Sheward to help them replace some of the contents of their home, which weren't covered by their house insurance. 

£220 has currently been raised from a total 15 people who have donated, with organisers hoping to raise a total of £750. 

If you want to donate, then you can do so by using the following link: https://gofund.me/9aa9fafb.