EVESHAM United thrashed troubled Redditch United 6-1 in the Worcestershire FA Senior Cup quarter-finals.

Monday night’s Jubilee Stadium romp over their higher-ranked county rivals was achieved courtesy of hat-tricks from Paul Sullivan and Lee Chilton.

The man-of-the-match vote went to Harry Franklin though for an inspired performance.

The fifth-placed Robins enjoyed the distraction from a dodgy patch in Southern League Division One South which has produced no wins in four including three defeats.

But visiting Redditch had been in freefall with two heavy Premier Division Central defeats sending them crashing to the bottom of the table despite the appointment of former Hull City forward Duane Darby as manager.

The cup clash started badly for the Reds with Sullivan swiftly turning and shooting home from the edge of the box in the 16th minute.

Despite chances for Reds, Sullivan headed in the second goal at the back post on 27 minutes after a fine move involving Danny Bragoli, Chilton and Franklin.

He completed a swift hat-trick in the 31st minute with a right-footed shot from the edge of the area into the bottom corner.

Redditch hit back on 38 minutes when a sweeping move down the right was finished off with a Jamie Lucas tap-in from six yards.

But the visitors conceded again three minutes before half-time when Chilton found the far corner of the net from 20 yards.

Sullivan was replaced by Kai Tonge at half-time but Chilton took over the scoring.

Evesham keeper Jonathan Brown kept the advantage intact before Chilton added a fifth with a curling effort into the bottom corner on 68 minutes.

A fine individual goal by the same player sealed his hat-trick in the final minute.

Carl Abbott’s side return to Division One South action on Saturday when second-from-bottom Basingstoke Town visit the Jubilee Stadium (3pm).

Evesham: Brown, Franklin, Smikle, Eze, Maslen-Jones, Chamberlain (Sangha), Basford (Page), Bragoli, Sullivan (Tonge), Chilton, O’Neill. Subs not used: Staten, Cresswell.