Evesham United suffer back-to-back defeats, falling to Lymington Town and Slimbridge.

On Saturday, United lost 3-1 to Lymington away from home before welcoming Slimbridge to the Spiers and Hartwell Jubilee Stadium on Monday, as they were beaten 2-1.

Thomas Chamberlain cancelled out the visitor’s early goal before Slimbridge took the lead once more, late on, to seal the three points.

The result leaves Evesham 14th in the Southern Football League Division One South.

The visiting Slimbridge got off to a bright start, scoring after just six minutes when Touman Sidibe made a brilliant run down the right before firing his shot into the bottom left corner.

It didn’t take the Robins long to respond, Chamberlain scoring a free kick from 30 yards out with 13 minutes gone.

It was double jeopardy for the away side as just minutes later their goal scorer, Sidibe, was taken off with a hamstring injury.

Despite the setback Slimbridge responded strongly, efforts from Johan Flo and substitute Edji Mbunga coming close.

Then it was Evesham’s turn to test the keeper, Slimbridge stopper Lewis Adams forced into making a spectacular save when one of the host’s players was able to get onto the end of a long free kick.

Chamberlain had the last chance of the first half however his long range effort flew over the bar and the stand, ending up in the car park behind.

Ben Hayes almost gave Evesham the perfect start to the second half, his cross-cum-shot going just wide.

Evesham continued to dominate early after the break, finding themselves in a three-on-one situation on 54 minutes.

The Robins were unable to capitalise however as lone defender Ben Deakin was able to make the important block.

A headed effort from Ryan Paddock, a shot under pressure from Hayes and another free kick from Chamberlain all followed, with none finding the back of the net.

Evesham would rue their missed opportunities when Slimbridge took the lead 15 minutes from time.

A goal kick from Adams was flicked on by substitute Jamie Martin into the path of Hawes who was able to beat a defender before tucking the ball past Evesham’s Lewis Clayton.

Hayes and Adam Mace both saw efforts go wide in the dying minutes as Evesham were unable to find a second equaliser.