PERSHORE Town produced a giant-killing in the Worcestershire Senior Cup on Tuesday night as they knocked out Step 3 Bromsgrove Sporting in remarkable fashion to reach the semi finals, reports Elliot Yates.

The Plums were 3-0 down with ten minutes to go but pulled it back to 3-3 in chaotic style before eventually winning the tie 5-4 in a penalty shootout.

Sporting led thanks to first-half goals from Callum Ebanks and Nathan Hayward before Ebanks looked to have decided the tie mid-way through the second period when making it 3-0 with his second of the evening.

But super-sub James Baldwin scored either side of Matt Nutt's looping header all in the space of seven minutes at the end of the 90 to send the tie to penalties, where Pershore scored all five to progress into the semis.

Bromsgrove opened the scoring after 34 minutes against the run of play when Ebanks received the ball with his back to goal and turned the Pershore defence before going one-on-one with Plums' keeper Eddie Cox.

He kept his composure and placed the ball into the bottom corner.

It was then 2-0 seven minutes later as goalscorer Ebanks' original strike was well saved by Cox but it fell to Hayward who slid in to get the Step Three side’s second of the game going into half-time.

In the second half, Bromsgrove dominated in possession and tested the Pershore defence on many occasions and in the 70th minute, it finally paid off as Ebanks scored his second goal of the game.

The striker timed his run perfectly onto a through ball and finished emphatically from inside the penalty area into the side netting of the bottom left corner.

But Pershore didn’t give up and scored their first goal of the cup tie in the 83rd minute.

Substitute Baldwin carried the ball forward into the box and looked to be going for goal with his right but faked the defender and shot with his left.

His powerful shot hit the woodwork but found the net with what looked like being only a consolation goal with time running out.

The momentum was with Pershore, and they grabbed a second goal in the 91st minute as Nutt’s header from a free-kick looped into the top left corner to take the game to 3-2, and Pershore had hope to find an equaliser with what little time they had left.

That equaliser then came.

Super-sub Baldwin rounded the Bromsgrove goalkeeper before finishing into an empty net to make it 3-3, scoring his second and completing an incredible comeback to take the game to a penalty shootout.

Four penalties had hit the net to make it 2-2 before the crucial kick of the shootout saw Ebanks thunder his against the bar and over.

Petar Tonchev scored the following penalty, sending the goalkeeper the wrong way to make it 3-2 and putting Pershore in front for the first time.

The scores progressed to 4-4 and then the responsibility fell to Baldwin, who had changed the game in normal time, to step up and send Pershore through, which he did so in confident fashion.

Players and fans celebrated in the corner and the supporters were delirious in the main stand on what was a fabulous night for the Plums.

They will now play one of either Kidderminster Harriers, Redditch United or Worcester City/Evesham United - who play on Wednesday evening.