Evesham United’s wait for a first pre-season victory continues as they were held to a draw by Redditch at the Spiers & Hartwell Stadium

The Robins have yet to win this pre-season, with three losses followed by three tied games.

With little over half an hour played, Redditch took the lead through Ryan Boothe following a set piece scramble.

Frazer Barnsley made a second penalty save in as many games to prevent the visitors from extending their lead before Toumani Sidibe managed a late equaliser, the game ending 1-1.

Evesham would have been hoping for a boost after unveiling three new signings over the weekend.

Former Worcester Raiders centre-back Jordan Stoddart joined the side.

The Worcester-born defender previously enjoyed spells with Bishops Cleeve, Cirencester Town, Worcester City and Redditch United before joining Raiders in January of 2019.

Promising midfielder Alfie Dunn also linked up with the Robins, departing United Counties League Premier Division South side Easington Sports, having come through their youth section.

And finally, Josh Aldridge joined the club from League One’s Cheltenham Town.

Aldridge had spent a two-year scholarship Jonny-Rocks Stadium with his home-town club.

Dunn started the match with Redditch, the other two new additions coming off the bench in the second half.

Sidibe looked the most like scoring early on, rattling the crossbar with a header off an Adam Mace cross with quarter of an hour played.

Minutes later Dunn put Sidibe through on goal once more but the forward was hacked down before he had time to shoot.

Luckily the ball found its way to Kyle Belmonte, who scored a brace in the Robins 2-2 draw with Stourbridge on Saturday, but his effort also bounced off the bar.

Despite a goal line clearance from Mace, Redditch were able to find an opener with just over 30 minutes played.

A corner found the head of Ryan Wollacott whose effort was saved before Boothe slotted home the rebound.

Tensions flared up in the second half, Reece Bennett puffing out his chest after being approach by opposition players.

Just 30 seconds later Belmonte attempted to catch the keeper off his line but narrowly missed the target.

Mace was back in the action on the 75th minute, although he’d preferred not to have been, giving away a penalty for a handball.

Ryan Nesbitt’s spot kick was saved by Barnsley, who was able to get low to the bottom corner to keep the prolific striker off the scoresheet.

With little over five minutes remaining, Sidibe finally got a reward for his hard-work, scoring to level the score at 1-1 before the final whistle came.

Evesham have just one pre-season fixture left with the Robins travelling to Thornbury this Saturday, July 30, before their league opener away to Frome Town on August 13.