WORCESTER Wolves’ winless streak extended to six games as they slumped to a dispiriting 89-61 reversal at Glasgow Rocks in the British Basketball League.

Though still in contention at 46-38 entering the second half, an inability to penetrate to the basket coupled with an outpaced defence put paid to Wolves’ chances.

Worcester crashed to the bottom of the table with Rocks overtaking them.

The sides exchanged scores to open the afternoon.

Jordan Whelan sold a fake to his defender to sink a three and leave Worcester trailing by just a point at 17-16 as the first quarter wound down.

But this would be as close as it got with Rocks’ speedy Norwegian guard Bouna Ndiaye driving strongly to the hoop for a quartet of simple lay-ups to widen his team’s lead to 27-20 as the second period began.

Miki Servera twice handed off to Filip Kramer to ignite brief hope for Wolves before Ndiaye once more ploughed an easy path to assert control.

Kramer, returning from injury, excited the crowd with a circus score when launching the ball skywards as he lay flat on the floor, putting matters at 60-49 towards midway through the third period.

But Worcester’s side of the scoreboard remained locked except for a solitary field goal and a trickle of free throws over the next nine minutes.

By the close of the match the visitors had attempted an optimistic 26 three-point shots with only four of the attempts hitting their target.

Contrastingly, Glasgow’s attackers repeatedly danced to the basket without difficulty or confidently stood back to connect from the outside as they rampaged to victory.

Just three Worcester men were able to push into double-figure scoring with Kramer returning from injury to total 13 points while Darell Combs and Robert Crawford notched 11 apiece.

Next up for Wolves will be the challenge of games on consecutive nights.

First up is a visit by Sheffield Sharks to the University of Worcester Arena on Friday (7.30pm).

The following day (7.30pm) Wolves travel to London City Royals for a BBL Cup first-round tie.